January 15 use to be an exciting day for me, but in April 2011 something changed me... I was praying to God asking him to reveal the things to me that I needed to change or let go in my life so that I could be closer to him... I had a dream one night in April that I was holding my AKA key chain and it fell out of my hand, as it hit the floor it broke in half, the pink broke away from the green and the AKA ... broke off... It took me two weeks to be obedient because I was scared of what people would think, but I finally began my process off denouncing my membership... I told the AKAs about my decision and some supported me but to my surprise some had already did the same thing... This was a big decision but it wasn't the only thing that I had to let go to be fully committed to Jesus and to be in his will...I had to let it go so that I could be closer to God... Many people think that these Sororities and Fraternities are harmless but I noticed the more I read my bible the more i...
It all started in the summer of 2007 after I crossed for AKA, I took my first drink of wine with my ex boyfriend. For the longest I refused any drink of any kind because I was proud that I did not do those things. I finally gave in and thought, “What was the harm of drinking wine?” Everyone told me that wine is a classy drink for classy people. So, I did. Well, of course I loved the way it made me feel. I would sip it as the cliché goes. But sipping was not enough for me I began to drink a bottle at a time to keep that feeling going. By the fall of 2007 I was drinking wine like it was Kool aid. Then I thought, “Hmmm, wine is cool so maybe I should try vodka and juice mixed together.” Long story short I became a “Social Drinker” that drank all the time. I would drink with my Sorority sisters, I would drink with my ex, I would drink by myself just because. Drinking was so cool to me because I blended in like everyone else. The parties were so much more fun when I had a couple of drinks....
It’s my favorite time of the year, its spring time!!! I just love the scenery. The flowers, the baby animals, the beautiful shades of green, the weather, flying kites, blowing bubbles, the time change, I JUST LOVE SPRING!!! One thing my family does often in the spring is yard work. (Now that’s one thing I am NOT a fan of.) We have to rake all the dead leaves up, tare all the vines off the fence, pull up all the weeds in the flower bed, over turn and up root the dirt in the flower bed, mow the lawn, and plant seeds and new flowers in the flower bed. This is a very hard job and of course I try to get out of it. LOL. However, it must be done to keep the property looking nice. Unfortunately, we spend almost two Saturday’s doing the job and of course maybe a week or two later we go back out for maintenance. No matter how long we take to do yard work we still have to maintain the yard by mowing the lawn, watering the flowers, and pulling up weeds. As, Christian’s after we initially do the ha...
Comments
Post a Comment